Friday 20 March 2015

Healthy Weekday Meal #8 ...........{ham & mushroom coodles/zoodles!}








Spiralizing - it's a craze that you just can't get away from at the moment - it's everywhere. And my oh my I'm jumping on the bandwagon with gusto! I'm pretty focused on changing my diet for the better and I love the fact that by making "coodles" (because I'm English not American) I can make my favourite pasta dishes but they are so much healthier and low carb. This is a old favourite for me and it works really well with the courgette noodles. If you don't have a spiralizer then you can use a peeler to make ribbons, and if you did want to have pasta, add in the courgettes to the sauce and then serve over pasta.

Ham and Mushroom Coodles


1 onion, sliced
75g chestnut mushrooms sliced
3 courgettes, spiralized into noodles / or sliced using peeler (If you are serving this with pasta you only need 1 courgette)
2 good handfuls sliced ham, or you could use pancetta or parma ham
4 tbsp low fat creme fraiche
grated Parmesan

sweat of the onion in a tbsp of olive oil until soft. add in the mushrooms and courgette noodles and cook for five mins or so - the mushrooms should absorb the moisture released by the noodles. stir in the creme fraiche, ham and a couple of tbsp of Parmesan cheese and cook of a few minutes before seasoning and then serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment