The blogging community is a strange thing, I believe I may have said this before. I still feel I'm circling on the outskirts looking in and still not really connecting even though I'd like too. I think its because I can be flaky with this blog. I pick it up when I have time and neglect it when I don't. Who has time these days. I've made a few friends and my lovely blogger pal Rachel (best name) over at Trying for Sighs has been as lovely as ever and has and nominated me for a little tag. Go check her out; what she does with her outfits amazes me, I wish I could throw an outfit together. I cant.
So here goes my take on the Winter Tag. Grab a Cocoa.
|Winter in Paris - C/O my friend Holly currently enjoying her time there|
'Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire; it is the time for home' - Edith Sitwell.
The Winter Tag
Share twelve random facts about yourself
Answer the 12 questions
List 12 bloggers you wish to tag on by letting them know you have nominated them
(I've kind of forgone this part as, like I said I'm still pretty new to this community)!
My 12 Random Facts
1. I have a scar on my knee from when I knelt on garden shears when I was a child. Dumb thing to do.
2. Fleetwood Mac are my favourite ban in the world. Stevie Nicks is my girl crush, Lindsey Buckingham is my crush. Seeing them at the O2 was a highlight of my 2013
3. I talk to myself all the time, especially when I'm food shopping. Its embarrassing but I cant seem to control it.
4. I was single for over a year before I met my love. It was an important time for me to work on myself, work on relationships with my family and family and just take joy in simple things. It made me ready to meet my boyfriend and our relationship is happier and calmer because of it. Being single is fantastic and I wish more girls realised this
5. I am the worlds silliest and craziest dancer. fact. But at least it makes people laugh
6. I would have always said that smoking and drinking alcohol were my vices. But I've given up smoking and I am doing "Dry January" so perhaps they aren't vices at all.... Cheese, Cheese is my vice. What is a life without cheese?
7. I love Prosecco more then Champagne, but I'll take whichever.
8. I love cooking, I love going out for meals, having a menu in front of me makes me happy, feeding people makes me happier
9. I always have my phone on silent even though it drives my friend's batty!
10. Sometimes I walk along the street and I get so happy and excited about my life that I want to start singing and dancing. I watched way to much Disney as a child.
11. I love curling my hair, I hate how long it takes
12. Never thought it would happen but I now love a lot of the things I hated when I was younger - red meat, board games, walks, M&S
What are your favourite things about winter?
Being really cold outside and then coming in from the cold and warming up with a snuggle and a cup of licorice tea. Oh and mittens. I love mittens
What is your favourite winter outfit?
Black jeans, stripy black and white top under a long sleeveless black blouse, my grey cape, black pixie boots and woolly hat and mittens
What is your favourite winter food?
Beef bourguignon with buttery mash and glazed carrots (no such luck on my current health kick, but still its my favourite). If I'm being healthy its "Rachy's Lentils" check the recipe out here.
What is your favourite winter drink?
Licorice tea, I'm addicted and its good for you.
How do you like your make up in the winter?
Darker lips and smoky eyes with hints of greens and gold
What are you hoping Santa brings you?
Santa bought me some lovely presents and my lovely man surprised me with a beautiful watch. The boy did good, seriously good
What is your favourite winter scent?
I have to agree with Rachel, it's got to be cinnamon, and oranges
What is your favourite winter memory?
When we have snow. I love the stillness and silence it brings. There is nothing like it. Snow days are great too. Getting a group of friends together all of us walking for a while through the snow and meeting in the cozy warmth of the local pub.
What is your dream way to spend a winters day?
A long country walk, followed by a table full of my friends with me placing steaming dishes of my food in front them, lots of laughter and talking and wine, a huge cheeseboard and then just me and the beau and a sofa snuggle and chat
What are the first three things that remind you of winter?
The chill in the air, the frost on the round and the nights coming sooner
What is your favourite winter song?
Diana Krall "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" Every Time.
Finish this sentence.......If I could have one Christmas wish it would be........
Nothing, all is how it should be.
Hoped you enjoyed finding out a bit more about me - tell me about the Winter things you love!
Thanks again Rachel x