Wednesday 9 July 2014

So I remembered I have a blog; A nourishing recipe of fish, chorizo and beans

Relationships can be hard work. They can. I feel like my relationship with this blog is hard work most of the time and I have felt like just deleting the whole thing.... I have next to no followers and my readership is pretty low. But then I stopped to think - I am consistently telling people how much work relationships are; with boyfriends, with friends, family etc and that they take time and commitment. So I guess I'm trying to make a promise that I am going to commit more effort into this blog because I love cooking well and writing badly - and it's for me really, a little piece of me in the large world wide web. 

This dish was an experiment with flavours I believe work very well together. Its a great dish so I guess it’s a fancy apology or my nourishing love on a plate. Either way I recommend it.

A bit blurry, but you see what I was trying to achieve!

Pan fried cod on a chorizo, tomato and butter bean medley

2 pieces Skin on cod – I got this from the fishmongers and simply asked them to cut the size that I wanted – easy!  
1 x tin Butter Beans, drained
4 Shallots, thinly sliced
2 stalks Celery finely sliced 
125g Chorizo, cut into small cubes
200ml glass white wine
1 x tin chopped Tomatoes
100g cherry / baby plum Tomatoes, halved or quartered (i did a bit of both) 
Lemon Thyme




Start by frying the chorizo and shallots in a pan with a bit of olive oil. Once the shallots are soft and the chorizo slightly crispy add in the celery and half the cherry tomatoes, cook for a further 5 mins until the celery is softened. Add in the wine and allow to reduce by half. Add the tomatoes (tinned and fresh) , a sprinkle of sugar, lemon thyme and seasoning. allow to bubble away for 10 minutes. Add the beans and continue you to Cook for around 15 minutes. you can throw in some more lemon thyme if you think it needs it. 
Season you fish and flour the skin. Melt butter and oil in a pan and then cook the fish so the skin is crispy. You could always oven roast or grill if you prefer. Serve the fish on top of the medley and garnish with lemon slice an a sprig of lemon thyme.


After eating this we decided that you definitely need another element to the dish..... maybe some grilled asparagus or some buttered Samphire. I'll get back to you on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment