Thursday 9 May 2013

A moment in my day......

Today is day 9 in the challenge and Jenni has tasked us with capturing a moment in the day...
Lunch

yum yum, lunch is my favourite part of the working day. A core group of us have lunch together and we all love food and love talking about food, its great and it's nice to take 30mins or so out of the day and relax away from the computer. We all have a variety of salads, soups, pastas etc that we bring in for lunch - you'll rarely catch us with a sandwich and if you do its usually me and because I ended up going out on a school night the night before. Shhhhh
So I thought I'd share the recipe for this with you.In the UK peppers tend to come in packs of three so I'll tend to use all three and just bring in different accompaniments each day (today i had asparagus and broccoli, tomorrow I'll have salad)

Stuffed Peppers

You will need
Cooked rice - i used a mixture of wild rice and brown rice, you need about 3 tablespoons worth for each pepper
Peppers - i used 3 for this recipe, one red, one green and one yellow, with tops slices of and deseeded
1/2 courgette, diced into small cubes
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced into small cubes
2 chestnut mushrooms, cut into small cubes
1 small handful frozen sweetcorn, and 1 of frozen peas
3 sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
Parmesan cheese
Olive oil
S&P
so place your peppers onto a baking tray and preheat your oven to 200. Heat your oil and add the onion, courgette and garlic cook until softened. Add the mushroom, stir until cooked. Add sweetcorn, peas, both sets of tomatoes and cook for another couple of minutes. Stir in rice and season as well as grating a small amount of the cheese into the mixture. Spoon the rice into the peppers and place the top of the pepper back on top when the pepper is stuffed. Bake for approx 30 minutes until the pepper is nicely roasted. Either eat immediately or let it cool down before boxing it up for lunch.... Healthy but lush!

Cant wait to see your moments!

4 comments:

  1. Such a delicious looking lunch. My lunch needs more color and leafy vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aleshea, It really is so simple to make tasty paked lunches! I will post some more ideas soon so hopefully you can get some ideas!

      Thanks for visiting x

      Delete
  2. I love stuffed peppers, and lunch is my favorite part of the day, too! I've gotten into my healthier habits since January -- and bringing my own lunch every day is a big part of that. Wish I had a lunch bunch, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg!
      Yeah I love stuffed peppers - sometimes rather than stuffing with rice I go for cous cous which is just as tasty!
      I love my lunch bunch they are fab! I will start to call them that too!
      With me making packed lunch is all a part of eating leaner and cleaner - people just dont realise what rubbish goes into their processed sandwiches!
      Im hoping to do some more lunch ideas soon!
      Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment
      R x

      Delete