Wednesday 29 May 2013

Hey Mr DJ....

Put the record on...

But before I proceed with day 29 of "blog every day in May" Let me advise you to go check out my recipe for Buffalo Wings that I blogged yesterday - shameless self promotion but they were amazing!

Today we are sharing 5 important songs and I'll be damned but this was a toughie. Mainly because I have questionable eclectic taste in music and there are so many songs I love; Songs that remind me of amazing times, amazing people, heartache, happiness... the list goes on.

Here are my five;

Lullaby - Shawn Mullins



Oh jeez, this takes me back to my teenage years, I used to listen to this over and over in my yellow bedroom, with the sunlight streaming in and I was so damn hopeful about life and had that unfailing belief that everything would indeed be, "alright". I still love this song so much it makes my toes curl and I must confess I have two versions of it on my i-pod.

Stay - Lisa Loeb



"You say, I only hear what I want too" "You said that I was naive and I thought that I was strong"
Great lines, great song. I feel like I've love it my whole life and when Charlotte and I became friends we realised we both loved this song, sang it at karaoke and cemented our friendship. The other day I put it on the jukebox in our pub and when it came on all I could hear was her calling out "Rah, Rah, where are you", so what was once one of my favourite songs is now mine and Charlotte's song.

Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac


Best album ever, best band ever.
Could have picked any of their songs as I love them all but this has some great lyrics "baby if I could, I would give you the world"
My Dad loves Fleetwood Mac, my brother loves Fleetwood Mac, my sisters love Fleetwood Mac. Its like the family band and they're great!

Luke Sital-Singh - Dark



Bringing the mood down but I have to include it because its such a beautifully sad song and it reminds me so strongly of someone it almost makes me cry every time I hear it. It contains the lines - "you are never ever ready, and I've waited for eternity and I want it all, yes I want it now". And how true that is.

Ian Clarke - Hypnosis



Now this is a bit of a left- field choice. But I love a bit of classical music and I love piano music and jazz and flutes, really love it all. This was a piece of music that I heard played at a concert I attended the other day and I thought it was just hauntingly beautiful.

I hope you enjoy my choices, I'm looking forward to reading other peoples and maybe being introduced to some more t-unes!!!

Linking up with Jenni for “Blog every day in May”

2 comments:

  1. Stay is my JAM! At work, we listen to a station that plays "Flashback Cafe" during the lunch hour, and they play Stay pretty often. Such a great song!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jackie
    Thanks for stopping by! Flashback Cafe sounds like my sort of thing! It is indeed a fab song!
    Rach x

    ReplyDelete