Tuesday 28 May 2013

Finger, licken', chicken!!

I have a confession, ever since I went to LA I've had an obsession addiction a love affair with buffalo chicken wings and blue cheese dip. Charlotte loves them, my brother loves them it only makes sense that I love them. So much that I decided I had to come up with my own lil' recipe for the bad boy's of the wing family. And man does this work..... I spent a long time figuring out how to get the crispy skin yet still have the heat and stickiness from the sauce  - the way I've cooked the wings in the flour before adding the sauce has achieved this.


I pass this on to you now with a happy heart because this dish makes me smile and my taste buds explode


Buffalo chicken wings 

You will need:
Chicken wings - I used 8 large ones but be aware I didn't need all of my sauce
Plain flour
Splash of oil - I used mild olive oil
Sprinkle of Cayenne pepper
6 TBSP Hot sauce - I used Franks
4 TBSP unsalted butter
1 1/2 TBSP White wine vinegar
1 DSP brown sugar
1 TSP Tabasco sauce
1/2 TSP garlic paste
1/2 TSP Worcester sauce
squeeze of lemon juice

Place a few spoonfuls of plain flour, a few shakes of cayenne pepper and a tiny bit of salt and pepper in a freezer zip bag and add the chicken wings. Give them a shake


Take a splash of oil, rub it into a baking tray and place the wings onto the tray, making sure you shake off the excess flour.
 
Place into a hot oven (about 200) and put timer on for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes turn them and set timer again for 10 minutes. Whilst this is happening put all of the other ingredients into a pan and warm it up until it bubbles away
 

I would recommend even when you taste it, refrain from adding any salt, once it cooks it will be saltier than it seemed possible at this stage. Once the wings have been cooking for 20 minutes take them out and turn them again. Spoon some of the sauce over the wings


Place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Take them out again and turn them once more spoon a little more sauce over. As I said before, I didn't need to use it all, use as much as you think you want. Place back in the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes. When I checked them after they were perfectly crispy and cooked through but you can always put them in for longer if you need to. Serve with blue cheese dip, celery and a beer and make sure you just use your fingers. Shmazing!!


I wish I could say these are just as good cold the next day, but I wouldn't know. They all managed to be devoured. And yes all by me.
Diet starts tomorrow.....

 




No comments:

Post a Comment