Tuesday 14 May 2013

Easy to please (?)

My 10 things that make me happy:




1. The sound of a Champagne / Prosecco cork popping
2. My bed with fresh linen

This is the dinner party table before said friends and chatter arrive
3. Friends chattering noisily as they chow down on food I have prepared for them
I laugh a lot with this girly
4. Laughing belly laughs with the people i love
5. The butterflies you get when your plane lands at its destination
6. Film afternoons with my sister
7. Listening to the sound of rain against the window pane. I love rain
8. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and the smell of Lilo and Maureen’s house in Italy – its so familiar and makes me feel like I’m home

Technically this is C with a menu but you get my meaning
9. Having a menu in front of me

10. Every time my beautiful Godson says to me “Aunty Rachael. I love you so much, more than anything” Melts.My.Heart.

Linking up with Jenni for “Blog every day in May”

6 comments:

  1. i love rain & fresh sheets. completely forgot those. nuts.

    have a great week. ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so hard to just come up with 10! I completely forgot to put about my love of a good book, your post reminded me!
      Have a great day also!x

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on so many of these. I just love Prosecco, and landing on holidays. Coffee is a staple food and the smell of ANY house in Italy would be good. Not sure about the rain; I'm listening to it now - again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Prosecco is a favourite of mine, I think I actually prefer it to champagne!
      I think even I am getting bored of the wind and the rain here at the moment... maybe its time to head for Italy!

      Delete
  3. FRESH SHEETS.. yes! and the menu thing..so true!! that is like THE BEST ever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cannot beat fresh sheets in my opinion - its the best!
      As for the menu, I love having it in front of me and all the choice - however it takes me FOREVER to decide what I'm going to have :)

      Delete